Staying 4 nights or more in a riad? The LET US HELP option gives you access to our international, on-site team who will personally work with you to secure the best riad of your choice. Save time and money. Just choose the LET US HELP option after you chose your riad. Or, choose any riad and select the LET US HELP option to contact us with your details. We only focus on riads in Morocco. We are riad specialists and demand the best pricing so you don't have to! The GO DIRECT option is free as well and connects you directly to the riad.
You don't have to go anywhere else to find the best information at the best price for your stay in a riad here in Morocco. Our promise: We will not charge you a booking fee or increase the advertised price of any room. Within 24 hours after you receive your reservation confirmation from us, if you find the “same Riad/same room/same dates/same number of guests” combination advertised cheaper on the internet, we will gladly match that price and refund you the difference. Our reputation in Morocco is excellent and riads love to work with us.
One goes to Fes to experience the other-worldliness of the ancient medina. In fact, Harrison Ford called Fes the most romantic city in the world. To get the most out of your trip, it is important where you stay. Do you choose a hotel, or do you adventure out and experience a riad?
1. "The pleasure of Fes is its secluded riads," Stanley Stewart, 2 time winner of the Thomas Cook Travel Book Award, Travelex Travel Writer of the Year, and regular travel columnist for the London Times. Expert advice. Enough said.
2. "What's the point of travelling if you don't get a flavour of the place you're visiting?" - Juliet Kinsman, editor-in-chief of Mr & Mrs. Smith, Boutique Travel Specialists. You come to Fes to be enchanted by the historic medina. Staying in a traditional riad is simply the best way to do that. As Kinsman noted, "It's a world away from the anonymity of identikit chain hotels."
3. It was good enough for Bono. When Bono and U2 wanted to get creative inspiration for their upcoming album, they thought the city of Fes was the best place to do that. When they wanted a place to stay that would recharge, them they chose a riad.
"We got this little riad, a small hotel with a courtyard in the middle and set up the band there, with a square of sky over our head... We'd record during the day and then disappear into windy streets of the medina at night. It was an inspiring experience and a drummer's paradise," Bono said.
Here is a pic, originally posted on U2.com
4. Personal Care and Service: Riad's pride themselves on their service. At a large chain hotel, you come in anonymity, you stay in anonymity and you live as an anonymous servant to the rules and procedures of the hotel. You are known as "Room 204."
At a riad, it's just the opposite.
You are warmly and personally welcomed. Staff are attentive to your needs and cater to your desires. "Would you like a tour of the medina?" Of course, we would be happy to arrange that. "Do you want a massage?" We know just the person. You are known by name. Your holiday matters.
5. Location, Location, Location. As noted earlier, the reason to come to Fes is to explore the medina. It is where the life is happening.
Traditional riads in Fes put you in the perfect spot to walk out your door and experience all that Fes has to offer. Hotels in Fes put you in the perfect spot to need to look for a taxi, drive through town and finally arrive at the place that has all the attractions you came to see.
To get the most out of your stay, RiadReviews.com is building a hub of honest and accurate information on the riads and dars of Fes. We have listed all the registered Fes riads that we could find, you can dig through them one by one, or search by amenity or type.
After your stay, help other travelers in their journey by filling out a review your experience with bed and breakfast you stayed in.